Freitag, 25. Juni 2010

Breaking news: Will I ever make it to the Master of Wine Symposium in Bordeaux?

Oh, what a disapppointment getting to Gatwick aiport yesterday - all flights to France cancelled!!!! (Well, not right away, but after checking in , dropping off baggage, going through security and waiting for the gate no. - all of the sudden: rien ne va plus). And the Master of Wine Symposium I have been looking forward to for months starting last night. Boooooah, was I upset!!!!!!

Luckily, with the French Airline staff no longer on strike, I am finally en route for Bordeaux. But: direct flights are all fully booked, so we got detoured via Lyon. That's where I am now, waiting for my connecting flight (many thanks to Peter Gago from Penfolds for getting us into the VIP lounge!). Only missed out on Champagne Bollinger reception, dinner with Bordeaux's mayor, morning session, lunch organized by Sauternes and Barsac producers,... weeeeeeeeeeeeeep. Hope to make it in time for the last bit of the afternooon session, buuuuha.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen